Met up with my best (probably only) friend few weeks ago. Why do some girls like to talk so much when it's already past midnight? There i was half asleep and she was gabbling on and on and reminiscating about our foundation year. About our little group back then. And how sad it was that we've lost contact with most of them, we should meet up and blah.
I'd give anything to go back to that time. Back to the time when less was more.
Back to the time when I didn't have my own spacious and clean room, decorated with cute blue furniture.
Back to the time when I wore dirty canvas shoes instead of high heels everyday.
Back to the time when I only had a dusty wooden cupboard stuffed with T-shirts and two pairs of jeans, instead of a big wardrobe overflowing with pretty dresses, blouses and skirts.
Back to the time when I was still playing with Bun-bun, Baby Jack and the rest.
Back to the time when there were classes, assignments, and tests.
Back to the time when there were events, and friends to attend those events with.
Back to the time when "shopping" meant taking the university's bus to Giant or Tesco. There were FOS and Reject shop outlets at Giant, and also Popular. And a gift shop at Tesco. KFC was there too. And that was all.
Back to the time when I first tasted freedom. But hadn't got lost in it, yet.
Too many voices, but I don't want to listen to any of them. Don't know who to listen to, don't know why I should even listen at all.
I feel like I'm standing on a very very small island. There's crocodiles on one side, and boats on the other. But I don't know whether the people on the boats are friends or enemies. They say they are friends. But.. they're just saying it. I asked them to please leave me some food. But they ignored me. But they say they are friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment