Blogger Widgets

Sunday, October 24, 2010

someone special!

Ahem. Remember the very negative post? About me being Nothing Special... Neh, this one...
Anyway. I'm a 助教 at Sunday School for Standard 3&4 (actually I do nothing de la, juz hanging around and making sure they've got the right page in their Bible and things like that) , and today teacher brought a movie for them to watch...the first episode of Hermie and Friends. And somehow this movie touched me a lot, and I'm going to blog about it.

Erm I found it in Youtube (and took a really long time to do so coz I didn't even know that it had episodes and i lagi dunno that this episode's called "A Common Caterpillar"), and I'm posting it up here even though its quality is not very good. You can just skip the first minute of the first part...









Nah, watch yourself. I'm in a bad mood right now coz I summarized it just now, and Mozilla Firefox went and crashed and it was all gone. =.= Must watch ar, if not you won't know what I'm going to talk about. Anyway in short, it was about a caterpillar who wanted to be somebody special, and he asked God why he wasn't special, and God said He wasn't finished with him yet, He has a special plan (or something like that, I watched the chinese version and it said 特殊的计划)...

Anyway, it had 2 songs, if I'm not mistaken...The first one is Just Like You and it's at the 8th minute (almost the 9th) of the first part...and some of the lyrics really described my feelings T_T...GO LISTEN...

The 2nd one is at the 6th minute of the 3rd part...and it made me tear a bit BUT DUNNO WHY O ALL THE KIDS WERE LAUGHING KACAU BETUL Anyway, I dunno the song la, but it was talking about God's Not Finished With You yet...

And this movie made me think a bit...Why am I always wanting to be special, to be better than people?

I used to think that the songs that said "cause you are special, special, everyone is special, everyone in his or her own way [from Barney]" were Stupid...I dunno la, I thought that if everyone was special, then there is nobody who is not special lo, and if there is nobody who is not special, then what's the big deal about being special? =.= i'm kinda muddled now...wait...

Okok, I know what I mean now...

Now I'm thinking...actually there is No Need to be special. As long as I know God loves me, and as long as I know that God has chosen me to be his daughter, to make me a human on this earth, to let me know Him, to specially let me have the chance to watch this movie, to let me have the chance to know "somebody"...I AM special! It doesn't matter how people look at me, it doesn't even matter how I look at myself (well maybe it does). It's how God looks at me. And if He really has taken the trouble to count every single hair on my head (which is really a big job I can tell you, especially since my hairs fall a lot and so a lot of subtraction is required ok enough of crapping), then I Am special! :D

And the song said, God's not finished with us yet, He has His own Plan! So unless some accident occurs, I still have a long way to go. After all, I'm only seventeen! =) Some of the people whom I want to be like...when they were seventeen, they were almost as "unspecial" as I was. So I'm still at the caterpillar stage, so I will patiently wait for my turn to become a butterfly.

I still remember what my sister Gail told me some years ago...Daddy didn't plan for me, Mummy didn't plan for me. I was an unplanned baby. But GOD planned for me...and so He must have a reason for making me! He must have a plan! =)

God is not finished with me yet! And He is not finished with you too, whoever you are. ^^

THANK YOU GOD FOR MAKING ME MABLE LEE MEI XIN!!!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Actually that was what mummy said. Ahahaha.

Emelemex said...

Anyway you passed it on to me XD

joe said...

Good POST!!!

Emelemex said...

tq ^^